Break-away couplings for loading arms
ERC break-away couplings are installed on loading arms to prevent equipment (loading or unloading equipment, terminals themselves) from accidental pulling.
ALPHA PROCESS CONTROL ERC series
ERC break-away couplings consist of two half-couplings, equipped with internal valves and held together by a collar.
This collar is connected to a cable whose length is determined by the normal deflection of the loading arm.
If the movement of the vehicle causes abnormal deflection of the loading arm, the cable pulls on the collar, thus causing the separation of the two half-connections and the closing of their internal valves.
- Dimensions: 2″ to 4″
- Material: 316 stainless steel, Hastelloy, Monel.
- Seals: Viton, Buna, PTFE, Kalrez, Chemraz
- Connections: 2″ to 4″ ISO or ANSI flanged
- Temperatures: -50°c to +100°c
- Activation systems: by cable, or nitrogen cartridge
- Fluid flow direction: bidirectional