Carbon dioxide (CO2) is a compound of carbon and oxygen atoms widely used in industry in its different forms: liquid, gas and solid.
CO2 is naturally present in the atmosphere but it is also a by-product of industrial processes.
In the liquid state, CO2 is used as a refrigerant for certain foods but also as an extinguishing agent and as a propellant for drinks served under pressure.
In the gaseous state, Co2 has many uses such as:
- Fire extinguishing
- Sparkling component in carbonated drinks;
- In aquariums and greenhouse culture for better plant growth;
- In controlled atmosphere packaging as a neutralizing element;
- In drinking water distribution, associated with carbonate, to control the acidity of the water.
- Solubilization of limestone in water
- Racking of beer
In its solid state, it has many names: “dry ice”, “dry ice”,…
It is used in this form for:
- Dry ice blast cleaning
- The conversation
- Events and special effects